Updated January 24th, 2021
To our members and welcomed guests,
We are currently in a time of great caution in our world in regard to COVID-19. As your evangelists and leadership group we would like to share these thoughts with you so that we can all make well-informed choices moving forward.
We are a body of believers who trust in God as Savior and King. That said, viral disease is a fact of biological existence and a part of creation. Though this particular strain of virus is new and presents unknown challenges, our faith in God allows us to remain free from panic and fear. Psalm 46:1 says, “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore, we will not fear…” No matter how difficult things may get, God remains our refuge and strength.
We encourage every member to pray vigorously. Pray for the families of those who have lost loved ones, for those who are currently sickened by this virus, as well as for those who are tasked at this time to make decisions as governing bodies for the well-being of those they serve. And pray for the church—for our light to shine in a time of great confusion, misinformation, too little information, or information overload. “The prayers of a righteous person are powerful and effective.” (James 5:16)
Faith and prayer must be accompanied by some sanctified common sense. For now, we will be putting some new practices into place to help us continue to be able to worship in spirit and truth while also being wise and conscious of the threat of this illness around us.
- Beginning January 31st, we will be returning to in person worship services.
- People feeling sick or experiencing Covid symptoms are asked to stay home.
- People are still encouraged to stay home and watch our live streams on Sundays and Wednesdays if you are uncomfortable with meeting together.
- Masks must be worn while entering and exiting the church. Masks may be removed in your seat.
- Families are asked to utilize the space in the sanctuary to spread out.
- Prepackaged communion supplies will be distributed on the way in to the sanctuary.
- Collection plates will not be passed during service. Members are encouraged to give online or use the collection box in the lobby.